Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Final Piece


 -Final Piece-




I chose this as my final piece because I believe that the techniques and tools used are very effective and it shows how digital media can enrich the possibilities of experimentation. My main hero image is the knife in the centre that has been created out of pure text by using a text brush.

 In the background I used a copyright free image to give my piece a lot more depth, and I managed this by placing the image behind all layers and decreasing opacity. I also considered the contextual information behind my design and the process of thought is successfully illustrated in this piece.

The concept behind this typography design is about how words can be as harmful as a knife, and the assimilation between the two is really effective. If I were to go back and change some aspects about this it would have to simply be experimenting with different fonts, colors and try out different ways/objects to create out of text. I also think that my final piece reflects some of Mary Kate McDevitt’s work but more digitized, as her work is mostly based on traditional media.

Overall, I am happy with the final outcome of this piece and I believe that this is a presentable final piece that met the requirements on the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment